Toolless Roto Seal® – Suitable for all meter sealing applications
The Roto Seal® is a replacement meter seal from the original lead meter seals, E.J. Brooks introduced in 1932. E.J. Brooks had to change from using lead when it was deemed to be unfriendly to the environment in the 1980s. In 1991 TydenBrooks introduced the Roto Seal®, a two-piece acrylic meter seal with a transparent body and coloured insert.
This metering seal operates on the same principle as the Roto Seal®, but requires no sealing tool. Made from durable acrylic plastic, these meter seals have a transparent body and a coloured insert. It is available with or without a pre-installed stainless steel wire. The Toolless Roto Seal® features a large flag, which is heat stamped with company name or logo and consecutively numbered. Laser etched bar coding available in Interleaved 2 of 5, Code 39 or Code 128. For added security, the last three digits of the seal number are laser etched onto the insert.
The Roto Seal is an ideal security seal for securing applications with small diameter holes. It utilizes a unique sealing press with the same, simple squeeze action used to affix traditional lead and wire seals. Colour coded insert and heat stamped numbering promotes control and tracking.
Toolless Roto Seal® Product Features
- Two-piece seal with a clear acrylic body and colour Lexan rotary insert.
- Insert rotates when activated by the die on the Roto Seal®.
- Die can be engraved with three characters.
- Available with Galvanized or Stainless Steel wire, or non-conductive Kevlar wire.
- Heat-stamping on outer seal body with up to four characters.
- Heat-stamping of 7-digit serial numbers on the seal flag.
- No Tools Required for installation.
- Available in 6 Standard Insert Colours.
- Stock is heat stamped SEALED and numbered.
- Attached stainless steel wire up to 304.8mm long.
- Optional bar code is available.
Metering Seal Applications
The TydenBrooks’ Roto Seal is designed for use in applications with small diameter openings.
Roto Seal® Materials
- 1 x 7 x .009 soft stainless steel wire (.027 OD)
- Standard decoration: heat stamped, consecutive number (7 digits) and company name/logo; last three digits of serial number laser etched on insert as an option.
- Special decoration: laser etched bar code with human readable numbers
- Barcode Parameters: Code 128 – 7 alphanumeric characters, Interleaved 2 of 5 – 8 numeric (must be even number of characters) or Code 39 – 5 alphanumeric characters
- Body: Clear
- Insert: Red / Dark Blue / Dark Green / Yellow / Orange / Grey